- russisch — Russian. (German)
- Ruckstossfreikanone — recoilless gun. (German)
- Rolled Homogenous Armour. Rolled Homogenous Armour is the typical armour of World War II. More information on the manufacture and characteristics of armour plate is in the Background Information section.
- Rounded. In the armour tables this abbreviation signifies that the armour is rounded, and not set at any particular angle. An examination of the photographs for that tank will illustrate this.
- rot — red (i.e. modified). The term “rot” indicated a red ring on an ammunition round which in turn indicated it was a modified design. (German)
- right side.
Do you like this web site? Please rate it between one and ten, with ten being the best:
Ratings are submitted to: The Wargames and Military History Search Engine.
Copyright © 1999 David Michael Honner. E-mail: GvA@wargamer.org.